|Otonabee - South Monaghan Public Library||
Our Library Card gives you access to a multitude of library services, resources, online tools and more!
1. The Otonabee – South Monaghan Public Library will serve all
residents of the township. People residing outside of the
geographical area of the municipality but owning property, working
in or attending an educational institution in the area shall be
2. A resident of Otonabee – South Monaghan Township may apply for
membership at the Library and must furnish verification of address
and identity by showing a document bearing his/her name.
3. The Otonabee – South Monaghan Public Library will be readily
accessible and its doors open for free and equal use by all members
of the community. No fee will be charged to residents of the
municipality for admission to the library, for use of the library
materials in the library, for borrowing materials, or for use of the basic
4. Children under the age of 12 must register for membership
accompanied by a parent or guardian who presents identification
with name and address, and signs for responsibility for damages,
or lost items.
5. Only members of the Library in good standing will be allowed to
borrow library materials.
6. Personal information collected will be subject to the Otonabee -
South Monaghan Public Library Policy at OP-01, Access to
Information & Electronic messages under CASL.
Out of Township Membership:
All applicants are required to bring documentation with their name and current address to any library branch to register for a library membership. The exception to this policy applies to the residents of Cavan – Monaghan Township and the City of Peterborough.
Fees for out of town memberships are:
◼︎ 1-year membership $30
◼︎ 1-year membership – 65 years or older $25
Responsibilities of Membership:
Fair and equal access to library services and materials by all members of the Library depends on the responsible use of such services and materials by library users. A member must:
1. Membership is not transferable to other individuals
2. Present the library card each time materials are borrowed.
3. Pay all charges incurred for damaged or lost library material.
4. Observe all policies set by the Library Board as authorized by the
Public Libraries Act.
5. Report the loss of a card or change of address as soon as possible.
The cost to replace a lost or damaged library card is $3.00.
6. The library card is the property of the Otonabee – South Monaghan
Public Library and must be returned on request.
7. Membership expires every two years. Renewal requires verification
of the member’s name, address, telephone number and payment of
outstanding monies owed to the library.
Parents or guardians of members under the age of 12 are responsible for their children’s borrowing and behaviour with respect to the observance of Board policy.
The Chief Executive Officer is authorized by the Board to withhold library privileges to anyone refusing to comply with board policy. The use of the Library or its services may be denied for due cause. Such cause may include:
1. Failure to return borrowed materials or to pay penalties.
2. Destruction of library property.
3. Disturbance of other patrons after a warning by Library staff has
been given and ignored by the user.
4. Any other conduct on library premises considered objectionable by
The Otonabee - South Monaghan Public Library adheres to the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act. Library staff may not give out information about a patron, except to a parent or guardian of one who is less than eighteen years of age.
Reviewed June, 2023